can’t/won’t get out of the selfie game. i apologize for my freakishly long fingers. and yes, those are gray hairs on the top of my head. i can’t help it.
I HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS AND CRAZY EMOTIONS TODAY. TIRED OF FEELING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF AND TREATED UNKINDLY. WONDERING IF MY SELF-CONFIDENCE CAN SOMEHOW BE RESTORED. NEEDING TO STOP THE CRYING AND START THE MOVING ON PROCESS. KICK THIS DISCOURAGING HOLD ON ME AND CONTINUE REMINDING MYSELF I CAN AND WILL BE OK. UGH! LOL? AT LEAST I HAVE CAKE. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE MORE CAKE.
"she was always buying shit she had to have, but you’ll never see them"
That time my sister didn’t believe me when I said the book was too good to put down. I showed her (I showed her a lot)!
seriously cannot believe i’ve maintained a romantic relationship for this long. i mean, i require so much. so much attention. soooooooooo much. how is one single person ok with that? how did i find like the one person who’s ok with that? the math seems impossible. i mean, it’s me. just me. i’m just me and that seems like not very worthy of a lot sometimes. but then he looks at me and i catch a glimpse of what he sees.
love is when you’d rather sit right next to someone even if there are other options.
1. Album for walking through the woods alone… I’m going to change this answer to SONG instead of an entire album, because, I just am. And that song would have to be “Where You Belong” by Megafaun. It’s mountain music to me. Woodsy. Desolate. Swelling. You know, the song feels expansive to me, like being in nature.
2. Best song to share iPod headphones with someone to… I’m going to say “Undone (The Sweater Song)” by Weezer. And I’m only saying this because it’s the first song I listened to while sharing headphones with someone. It was 7th grade, and I sat next to this weird girl who would later become my best friend. We bonded over our mutual fondness for Weezer, marching band, and buffalo suits. It’s just sentimental to me. And when I think of sharing headphones, I think of that song.
3. Best song to dance by yourself in front of a mirror to… “Dance Yrself Clean” by LCD Soundsystem. ‘Nuff said.
4. Best song to play as you ride into battle… I can’t think of anything for this scenario. I’ve never been to battle, so that doesn’t help. Something aggressive, I guess? Like, maybe some song they play in those Army commercials? Or like, Bruce Springsteen?
5. Least favorite song to kiss to… Basically anything loud or too fast. It throws off my rhythm. I can’t focus. I don’t feel right. Perfect kissing music for me is along the lines of “County Line” by Cass McCombs or “Nude” by Radiohead, etc. Once, I kissed a guy throughout the entirety of Sigur Ros’ Heima film, and let me tell you, that shit’s transformative. Try it! I know that doesn’t really answer your question, but that’s a hard thing to pinpoint. I’ve not had enough bad kissing experiences, I suppose. I can’t link a song to a horrid lip locking occurrence. I guess you can say I’m #blessed in that regard.